Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Perks Of A Morning Run

GOOD MORNING! 

Yes I know that was in all caps because I am yelling at you, it is a great morning!  I made a running friend who wants to run with me in the morning when it is dark, YAY!  We had our first run this morning and it was glorious, I am not even kidding you I'll be walking on cloud 9 for the rest of the day.  

My Starbucks secret: Tall Cafe Misto 1 pump Pumpkin Spice, half the price of a pumpkin spice latte 

Another perk to running when the rest of the world is sleeping?  No line at Starbucks and I'm home before the sun is up!  

Why run in the morning? 

- Far less distractions or excuses
- The roads are quiet and the air is fresh, early morning runs are more peaceful 
- You have the rest of the day for work, kids, errands, whatever you need to do 
- You've started your day on the right foot both mentally and physically 
- You have a jump on the day because you already logged a few miles before your neighbor had their 1st cup of coffee  

I hope you all have a great day too and if you don't already do a morning run, trust me you'll love it! 

Remember to get registered for Uberthon's Halloweenathon and share with me which race you plan on doing!

Enjoy The Run!

6 comments:

  1. My whole family is signed up for the 2:00 PM Trick or Treatathon; I'm doing the 10k and my wife and kids are doing the 5k... since it is their first Uberthon 5k - my wife and daughter should get the pendant too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is awesome! I am pretty excited for the Halloweenathon too, my best friend and I are doing the 15k. That'll be fun for your daughter and wife to get the pendant, I love how encouraging Uberthons is for runners!

      Delete
  2. That's awesome! I love getting runs done in the AM, but so rarely do since I let the snooze button win out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Having someone expecting me to show up is my big motivator, if I stand her up I'll lose my running partner! SAD!

      Delete
  3. I much prefer running in the morning. I'm the type of person that likes to get things done first thing, I hate having to wait until later. I will still run in the afternoon, but I prefer the morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you Matilda, I felt so much on top of everything yesterday since I was able to get in my run in the morning. In the summer it is so easy for me to get out there but having a running buddy when it is dark outside is so important.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...