Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Anchor Away My Boys!

Good Morning! 

I normally write my blog posts after my run in the morning but since my runs aren't going to be morning runs anytime soon I'll be blogging pre-run.  I have so much to share about this weekend with Joey and his graduation!  Saying I am proud of him and what he has done wouldn't do my feelings about it justice.  My brother is a Sailor in the United States Navy and it brings me tears of pride every time I think about it.


This weekend showed me once again what an amazing family I have.  We are about as dysfunctional as they come but we lift each other up, we support each other and come together in good times and bad.  This weekend was definitely a good time!


I also learned a lot about other people which was a good eye opener, there's more to family than just sharing a last name.  Many think that you know who your real family is during times of bad but I feel people show their true colors during both the good and bad.  I definitely saw who was there for my brother this weekend and thank you to all of you who sent congratulations and good wishes for him!

I am also so grateful that my brother and my husband are so close.  Jess and I met when Joey was in Kindergarten and they bonded almost immediately.  Jess and Joey aren't just brother in laws but they are brothers and it was amazing to see the two of them together this weekend.  Jess is so proud of Joey and his decision to join the Navy they were inseparable all weekend.

                           

I love seeing Joey with my girls!  He is such a fun Uncle and they light up when they are with him.  


Doesn't my brother look so handsome in his uniform?   


We had a really good time celebrating my brother this weekend.  I am so glad we were able to be there and spend some time together.  With this new phase in his life I realized we won't be seeing him nearly as much as we did before.  He won't be a 45 minute drive away or staying at our house on the weekends anymore.  Things will be different but that is what life does, it is constantly changing on you.  If things didn't change we would never grow as people.

I could on and on about this weekend but needless to say we are beyond proud of Joey.  He is going to make a great Sailor and representative of our Nation.  I am looking forward to hearing about all of his experiences and everything he is learning.  Joey has started a journey that is going to be scary and exciting and open so many doors for his future.  Go get'em Joey!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...