Friday, August 30, 2013

Upcoming Oregon Fall Races

Good Morning! 

This weekend marks the official end of summer vacation and I think it comes faster and faster every year.  While we were in Michigan I was desperate for summer and getting out of the bitter cold.  I couldn't wait to get home and get summer started!  Oregon summers are beautiful and there are so many ways to get out and enjoy the nice weather.  Although like most Oregonians we love our Oregon fall and Labor Day weekend marks the start of that for a lot of people.  I love this time of year when the seasons start to change and school gets back into session.  I love the routine and coziness of it all, certain things just seem to mellow and calm during this time of year.  We have one more big trip this year, my brother's graduation into the Navy, which is going to be such a great moment for our family.  While I am really looking forward to getting to Chicago again and seeing my brother I am also looking forward to slowing down and being home.  2013 has been a whirlwind of some really awesome things but I am ready to slow things down and be home for good.  

I also have a personal (selfish) reason to want to be home and slow down during the fall. Fall Races!  Oregon has some of the best weather in the fall and it makes the race season that much better.  There are so many to chose from and my race calendar is already set and ready to go.     

My Fall Race Line-Up

October 12th 
Champoeg State Park 

I am really excited about this Race Series because it benefits local libraries with the focus being K-5th grade reading and math material.  They also want to help with a technology upgrade at the library.  This race has a 5K ($25) and 10K ($32) option and is a timed event.  This is my first time running this event and I am looking forward to the experience. For more information check it out HERE.

October 26th 
Reserver Golf Course (Aloha)

This is a full day family affair with a kids race, BBQ cook off contest and 4 different races to chose from.  Every level of runner and walker is welcome and the races go from morning till night so you'll have the whole day to chose a race that works for you.  I personally really enjoy the events that Uberthons put on and I love the family atmosphere of each race.  Also the fact that they offer a kids race at every event for FREE is huge.  My daughter loves to run and wants to be a runner like me (yay!) and she is able to come and participate in every Uberthons race free of charge, nice job Uberthons!  Find out more information and the races available HERE

November 2nd 
Bald Peak Park 

This is the 2nd event in the Archer Race Series.  It takes place on the 4th most prestigious course in the Northwest and is 13.1 miles of beautiful scenery.  You can find more information HERE.

November 28th - Thanksgiving Morning 
Sherwood High School 

This is a tradition for me and as long as we are home I'll always participate in this race.  I have a bit of pressure for this race since my neighbor has challenged me to race it with him.  We'll be running the 5K and the poor guy doesn't know what he is in for :) all in good fun right?  There is a 5K and 10K option this year and if you are a Sherwood local or just enjoy a family friendly fun event I strongly recommend the Give n'Gobble.  More information can be found HERE.

As of now those the races I plan on doing in the fall.  There are many more races out there and I am going to be putting together a list of events that sound like fun to me.  Katie, me and our families will be waving goodbye to summer this weekend with the Sunriver Race For A Cause 10K and Half Marathon Challenge.  I am hoping I am in good enough shape for both of these races since I've been sick for over 2 weeks and logged barely 20 miles during that time.  I've already told myself if I have to walk then I am just going to walk, this weekend is about having a good time with some good friends and family.  

Enjoy The Run!       

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...