Tuesday, August 27, 2013

I Have No Interest In Another Marathon (Right Now)

Good Morning!  

I finally got back out there this morning and I already feel like a new person.  


It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be but it still hurt.  I am feeling a lot better even though I am still hacking up a lung and really congested.  Plus the sneezing has started, really can we just move on now sickness you are done here.  On the other hand it was such a nice break!  It was refreshing to go to bed and not feel the stress of making sure I get at least 6.5 hours before the 5:30 alarm.  I stayed up late and didn't really worry too much about it, it was a really nice break.  

Now after a couple weeks of downtime I feel excited to set some new goals for the fall and get into our new routine.  We start preschool next week and the girls will be going 3 days a week!  Part of me is sad to be saying goodbye to my early morning runs while the other part of me is excited to create a new routine.  If I had a running partner I would be more apt to run in the dark mornings but I won't run alone in the dark.  I have two little girls and a husband waiting for me to come home and it isn't just my life I am messing with when I put my safety at risk.  Please be alert and be safe if you run alone in the dark!  

Light yourself up! 

I don't want to just leave you hanging because I am sure you are dying to know what my fall running goals are, here you go! 

Fall Running Goals 
- Hit 100 miles each month for the rest of the year 
- Break my current 5K PR by Thanksgiving  
-  Run with friends and a group more often, I am missing that part of running 
- Run a 10+ mile run each week
- Accept that I don't like running marathons and really don't want to sign up for another one in the near future.  This is a something that I struggle with and I need to get to a place of acceptance.  It isn't that I can't run another marathon but I am just not willing to give that much time to the training right now.  I am constantly harping on this but it is important to me that running stay fun and enjoyable.  Right now I have two little girls at home and for me personally running a marathon just isn't in the cards.  I will run another marathon in my lifetime but not right now or probably even in the next year.  I realize it is a strange goal since I am basically saying I am *not* going to do something, but accepting my current limitations is a goal of mine.  I am glad I have one under my belt! 


I also have a personal writing goal that does relate to running but isn't actually me running.  I am working on a few pitches to some running magazines, local papers, etc.  Writing has always been a passion of mine and since I've started running I have found myself even more excited about it.  It is probably because I have that time while I am running to think about different topics and run them through my head before getting them down on paper.  I am not trying to keep anything a secret from you but I don't want to jinx anything, I am superstitious, like it really makes a difference! :) 

Enjoy the run!        


   

1 comment:

  1. Way to get out there and get it done. Best of luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...