Friday, May 10, 2013

Doggie Dash 2013

Good morning! 

Today is an unplanned rest day since Jess had an early meeting so I just moved my run to Sunday.  Yesterday I did 5 miles in the morning before heading to the girl's preschool to celebrate Mother's Day.  Their teacher's worked so hard to get everything ready for Muffins with Mom and made all of us feel so special.  The girls had each made me a frame and we took a picture for it when I first arrived.  Each class sang songs and read poems and then we all enjoyed a really yummy snack, muffins!  Costco muffins I may add, oh ya the good stuff they are my favorite.  

These frames and little candle holder are my favorite gift I've ever gotten, sorry Jess!  


We have a big fun family filled day tomorrow!  I love when I can combine all of my favorite things and have it all come together so nicely.  All 5 (including Lu) of us will be heading to the Portland Waterfront tomorrow morning to meet up with Katie and Maverick for the Doggie Dash.  I like this event because it benefits the Oregon Humane Society which is a great organization.  Everyone brings their dogs and their funny costumes and they have a mimosa tent, nuf'said.    


Last year I did it with Katie and Maverick so I am excited to bring my family down this time and also have Lucy participate.  They have a 2.5 mile run/walk and also a shorter 1.5 mile walk.  Lucy isn't one for dashing so we'll do the shorter 1.5 mile walk and hopefully I won't end up carrying her the whole time!  

Warming up before last year's Dash! 

Later in the day Katie and I will head to Champoeg Park for the Uberthon's Run for Boston.  I am pretty sure there are still spots available!  Go HERE to register.  

Enjoy your Mother's Day weekend all you mom's out there! And Dad's bring your A-Game :) 

Finish this sentence: 
I feel the best when...

Do you have any races this weekend? 

Are you a mom?  Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...