Friday, April 19, 2013

Time for Change

Happy Happy Friday!  

I am writing this from the kitchen table because I have taken a big plunge, drum roll please...I moved my treadmill into the office, eek!  


It started off in my bedroom earlier this week but I could tell early on it wouldn't be hanging out in there long.    


I don't like a lot of stuff in my room and a folded up treadmill isn't easy to blend.  


It has been living in my garage since I bought it last summer but I am currently relying on it a lot more.  Jess is traveling for work quite a bit so I figured it was time for it to come inside.  I am actually excited to have easier access to it and better climate control than the garage.  I won't be doing all of my runs on a treadmill especially after yesterday's run.  Sometimes we all need a good reminder run of why we love our sport and yesterday I got mine.  The weather was perfect and I felt so good the whole time.  I needed a run like that to get some confidence back in my abilities and I am excited again to get out there!

    
Tomorrow I get the chance to do a group run with Katie and Coach Jim's running group.  I am so excited, I have missed the group dynamic of running so much.  Plus I have missed running with Katie...just a little.  


Have you thought about doing a run for Boston?  If it hasn't capped out yet Uberthons here in Oregon has a Run for Boston on May 11th at Champoeg Park.  It is an evening run and 100% of the proceeds are going towards relief.  You can get more information and register HERE.

Do you like running with a buddy or a group?  

Have you done a Boston Tribute run?  If so share your experience, I would love to hear about it! 







2 comments:

  1. I did do a Boston Tribute run on Tuesday. I did it on the treadmill and watched (I couldn't hear the TV) the ticker at the bottom of the screen give updates the whole time.
    Hey! Your office now has a "Time to GET TO WORK" theme ~ for working and for running! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Running is viewed as such an individual sport but we are always united in the same goals and love of the sport. Super proud to be a member of the running community. My poor office needs to be cleaned up! After my run...lol!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...