Monday, February 11, 2013

Personal Pep Talk

Good morning! 

Finished my 3 miles and CLX Burn 1 this morning.  While I was on the treadmill I heard that the Pope is going to resign at the end of the month, crazy!  I should know this, but has a Pope ever resigned before, just seems odd to me I guess.  Anyway back to what you came here for, running!  I couldn't fall asleep for anything last night, I know I was up till 11:30 since that was the last time I looked at the time.  I kept telling my brain that you can keep going all you want but when my alarm goes off in the morning I am getting up and getting it done.  I was not going to bail the first day in because I was self sabotaging, so it'll be a lot of coffee this morning.  

Photo: Thank goodness for CLICK... LIKE if you agree! :)

With CLICK, your coffee is your breakfast meal with 15 grams of protein and 23 essential vitamins and minerals! Learn more about the health and weight loss benefits of CLICK Espresso Protein Drink here http://drinkclick.com/click-in-the-morning

Do you ever syke (sp?) yourself out when you are starting a new challenge or goal?  I do all the time, I have this negative voice in my head telling me why bother, its not a big deal.  But it is a big deal to me and I am learning to ignore that voice and its becoming quieter and quieter.  I do it with food too I will completely throw away a hard workout for a bowl of ice cream.  Life is all about the choices we make and I am working on choosing to put myself as a priority.  I can get where I want to be in my running as long as I put in the work, I don't want to sit on the sidelines anymore and just wish I was faster and stronger.  If you want something you have to go for it and when things get in your way you knock them over.  We all deserve to go after what we want and right now I want to become a better runner.  A better runner doesn't mean a fast runner, but a runner who commits to the work needed to improve and doesn't make excuses.  

.

I think I am so sick of excuses right now because I have been making them for so long.  I sit back and watch other people work towards their goals and achieve some great things and I make excuses as to why that isn't me. It isn't me because I am not putting the work into it to make it happen for me that is why!  I am the only one in my way and it is time I move over so I can start getting where I want to be both as a runner and also as a writer.  The moment I realized it was MY fault I wasn't where I wanted to be it was like I had all the power back.  So today I am working towards no more excuses and my first step was pulling myself out of bed this morning to get to the gym before 6.  I saw yesterday that MsFitRunner had run her 17 mile long run in her living room on the treadmill while her kids were running around.  That showed me something and made me ask myself why I make so many excuses?  So thank you MsFitRunner, you lit a fire under me and I am done making those lame excuses.  You really should check out MsFitRunner's Blog, this girl has the drive!   

You want it?  Go get it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...