Friday, February 22, 2013

Book Review: What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast

Good morning!  

Yesterday's workout didn't happen and I'll be doing my run later tonight on the treadmill once Jess gets home.  Doesn't 5 miles on a treadmill in the gym sound like an awesome Friday night?!  It actually does to me, I am really looking forward to running my legs.  Jess was on a business trip this week to Arizona so I wasn't able to run Tue/Wed/Thur, boo.  Tomorrow is my long run and as I am watching the snow fall right now it looks like it'll be happening on the treadmill as well.  I am happy that I even have the treadmill, not complaining!  

What do you do with your downtime when you are not able to run?  I like to catch up on other things that sometimes get neglected and if I can I'll do some reading.  While the girls and I were at Java Jungle on Wednesday I was browsing books on my Kindle and came across one that caught my eye, What the Most Successful People Do Before Breakfast by Laura Vanderkam.  

success_before_breakfast_book_cover

I love mornings, I love everything about mornings and the feeling of having the whole day ahead of me.  When I saw this book I knew I wanted to read it and it was a really quick read, only took me a couple hours to read through it.  It probably would have been shorter if I didn't have little people who needed me to take care of them.  The author talks about keeping a time log to see what you are doing with your time and where you can make adjustments.  Another reason I really liked this book is because how much they emphasize getting your exercise completed in the morning.  I really appreciate how much they encourage their readers to get active in the morning and promote all of the great reasons behind working out in the morning.

My Top Reasons to Work Out in the Morning 
- Get it done before you have a chance to make excuses  
- Less interruptions in the morning, most people are still asleep 
- Encourages you to eat right the rest of the day 
- Boosts your endorphins and gives you energy for the day 

I am starting my time log today to see how I use my time and I'll sit down and analyze it next Friday. She has a link to a spreadsheet that you can either print or download, you can check it out on her website.  I am going to be embarrassed at the amount of Real Housewives I watch, I can tell you that right now.  Just like the importance of a food log to see where my calories are going I want to see what I am doing with my time.  I have so many different things I want to accomplish each day and I know if I just used my time better I would be able to get those items checked off my list.  It is just another part of my 2013 goal of No Excuses, instead of making excuses as to why I feel I don't have time I want to create time.  I bet I have more time than I think!  

Do you think you'll keep a time log?  

Have you ever done a time log before?  If so, share some of your findings!  

What is your workout today?     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...