Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Barre Bootcamp

Good morning!  

Did you start your week off strong?  I've made working out a priority but my eating...that is another story.  Breakfast is no problem, its all of the other meals and snacking and ice cream that is the problem.  I am not on a diet because I am not worried about losing any more weight on the scale, but I feel so much better when I eat clean.  It is time for me to start reigning it in and find that self control I know is in there!


Sunday I took a group Barre class at Core Sport Studio in Old Town Plymouth, it was intense.  I've taken a Barre class before in Sherwood and I thought it was hard, I was wrong.  Sunday's class showed me parts of my body I didn't even know existed and I am super sore.  I am hoping I can take it at least once a week because I can tell it will really help with my running as well.  My legs were shaking like crazy and it was a challenge to get through the hour long class which was kind of embarrassing, going to head for the back of class next time!  It is nice to have a studio so close that offers classes during times I can actually take them, like weekends or evenings.  While I can understand that working weekends and evening isn't on everyone's top list trying to get to a class on a Wednesday at 4:30 just isn't possible.  Sunday's class was at 10 AM and they offer it Tuesday and Thursday both AM and PM at times I can go, that makes me giddy!  

Getting back into the group exercise environment ignited my fire again, it was motivating to be around like minded people.  I didn't realized how much I was missing that group motivation.  It was always a push to keep working during the week when I knew I had a group run that weekend.  Since I've been on my own since October I've slowly but surely started to get very lax, having some accountability is very good for me.  Plus I recently joined a group on Facebook that is a great place to be held accountable and share what I've been doing physically.  I can't stress enough how valuable it is to get involved with a pack of people who are moving towards similar goals.  As much as I would like to fight it at times I know how much it really helps me achieve my goals then when I am solo.  Sometimes it is hard to admit that you need other people to help you accomplish your goals.  

Did you set any goals for 2013?  I am always setting goals for myself but I set some bigger ones for 2013 and I keep adding to them as January goes on: 

1.  Run 1,000 miles in 2013 
2.  Be able to run 10 miles on a treadmill by the time we are back home 
3.  Wear a two piece bathing suit when we go camping this summer and feel good in it 
4.  Get through a Barre class without stumbling   
5.  Run a marathon (Or 2, or 3) 
6.  Stay focused on my priorities, swim in my own lane and don't let other's negativity affect my positive attitude  

Those are my top 6 and the last one is going to be really important to stick with in order to be successful.  It is really easy to let other people's bad mood affect your own mood and outlook.  I've been letting that happen for a long time and it is time I no longer allow it.    

What are some of your goals for 2013?  

Have you started working towards them?  If not, what is holding you back?  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...