Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Coconut Milk Versus Daily Milk

Hello!  
(This originally said good morning...annnd that has been my day)

Yesterday I had a split run, 3 miles outside 2 miles on my treadmill.  I left a little late for my run and don't like to be out pass a certain time so I headed home before my 5 miles.  Luckily I had my treadmill to make up for those 2 miles because I really wanted to hit 5 yesterday.  Since my run was broken up I didn't have time for Lean 1, the day just got away from me so its on the books for this morning before preschool.  Which means my tempo run might be pushed out too, but we'll see!  I don't have a run planned for Friday so I could easily move it there or tomorrow.  If you can't tell I write everything in my planner in pencil...my whole life plan is written in jello.  


I am getting pretty sick of my bad eating lately, its been like post marathon binge eating.  It hasn't been pretty and now its starting to not look very pretty either!  I don't do diets because I can't stick with them I try to make little changes that'll make a difference.  I've tried all the diets...All. Of. Them.  Plus I am not interested in a bunch of pounds lost, I am 5'5" and weigh 134 most of the time, its not like I have 30 lbs to lose.  Could I lose 30 and weigh 114 lbs, ya sure, I would look scary and Jess might leave me when I go all Walking Dead on him so I'll skip that!  One little change I am adding to my diet is coconut milk and coconut creamer for my coffee.  I stopped adding sugar to my coffee almost a year ago and I don't miss it at all.  I've tried almond milk but I just don't like it, it doesn't taste right to me.  I do like coconut milk and I buy the unsweetened unflavored just regular coconut milk.


Here is a breakdown between regular Dairy 2% vs. Coconut Milk
Serving Size 1 Cup
2% vs. Coconut Milk
Calories      130 vs. 80
Fat             5g vs. 5g
Carbs         13g vs. 7g
Sugars        12g vs. 6g
Protein     8g vs. 1g

Honestly it is all personal preference.  I don't mind dairy milk, but it does make me feel really full and bloated.  I had a protein smoothie with coconut milk after my Lean 1 today and I didn't have the lethargic bloated feeling afterwards.  Also I didn't notice a difference in my coffee with the coconut creamer, score!  Another thing I am going to add to my routine is having green tea after meals, I like green tea so it should be a good addition.  I've heard it helps with digestion and can curb over eating or for me curb the instant hunt for sugar I usually want after I eat.  Basically I feel like I work out a lot between running 4-5 days a week and my cross-training 3-4 times a week and I have stopped seeing any results.  That can be really frustrating so I was eating crap food as way to say "screw you" to myself LOL, good plan right?  Well enough of that!  Chalean always says in her video that 1. We cannot starve ourselves strong and lean, we have to eat  2. It has to be lean, healthy foods.  The eating was never a problem I am not one to starve myself (bahahaha) but the food I was choosing while most of the time were great, it was those cheats that were catching up with me.  Time to reign it back a little and get to where I should be, no sense in putting in all this work if I am just going to throw it down the drain at meal time.      

Do you drink alternative milk?  

What kind do you like?  
-My friend really like almond milk

Do you plan your runs and workouts?  
- I write mine in my planner on Sunday night and schedule them mostly for the morning







2 comments:

  1. This serves as a reminder why you won't be helping the girls in math when they get older ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie caught that last night and wondered if you had seen it too...yes I don't do math...obviously!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...