Thursday, September 6, 2012

Just Orientation...

This morning the girls have an orientation at their preschool.  Preschool.  I am already crying and I am still in my pajamas and I signed them up for it!  I shouldn't be allowed to cry, nobody forced me to sign them up.  I do know how much fun they are going to have, how much they are going to love their teachers and the great friends they are going to make, no matter how much it is going to hurt my heart.  Luckily today is just a mommy and me meet and greet type of thing.  One hour, I don't leave and we color together.  Afterwards we'll get ice cream mainly to make mommy feel better.  Next Tuesday is when I'll take them and I'll leave and they'll be there for a full 2 hours and 45 minutes twice a week.  I guess when I write it out like that it isn't as big of a deal.  


It is a mix of emotions honestly.  Being home with the girls has been at times the hardest thing I've ever done, especially when they were babies and Jess was working 12+ hour days.  I call those times the dark ages...lovingly.  Since getting the girls to 2 and now inching closer to 4 everyday the days seem full of noise, laughing, running and chaos.  I know one day it'll be done, just like they came into this world at the same time they'll leave me at the same time.  I just want them with me as long as possible, they are my babies and I promised since conception I would protect them from everything I could.  


Hard to believe the little babies who we still refer to as Baby A and Baby B are going into preschool.  It is the start of a new chapter and every new chapter kinda freaks me out, but they always turn out to be great.  This whole year has been the start of a new chapter for me.  Now it is time for the girls to start a new chapter, school.  Wish us luck!  Actually...wish the teachers luck, they'll need it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...