Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday Morning Pep Talk

Good morning!  I ran 4 miles this morning and decided I'll do my CLX Burn 3 tonight, I really wanted to get my shower in before the girls woke up.  Success!  I like to get everything done in the morning, but unless I can start busting out 8 minute miles and get up closer to 5 than 5:30 than some days the workouts will be spaced.  I think when fall arrives and its darker in the morning I'll start the day with my CLX and then do my run as the sun is out a little more.  I think the bottom line is that I just need to push to be up at 5 and that is that.  I really try to have my long run be the only day that my running/workouts effect the rest of the family, unless there is a race that weekend.  I am sure the parents who read my blog deal with a lot of mommy/daddy guilt.


I know that because I am a mom I feel as if any time spent away is purely selfish.  That doesn't mean there is anything wrong with being away or doing something that is not child related is bad because I am the first one to tell any body that you NEED to be away from your kids, its healthy for all of you.  But be that as it may, we still feel it, no matter how healthy or rational or needed it may be.  For me getting up in the morning is hard and this morning especially I wanted to crawl back in bed.  I stayed up to late watching the Olympics, YAY GABBY, and was exhausted this morning.  But its Friday and it means that tomorrow I don't have to get up at 5:30, I push it to 6:30 because I don't do both workouts, just my CLX and its Saturday...I mean c'mon.

whether its ten miles or one, you will NEVER regret lacing up those running shoes and going outside

I never regret getting up early, no matter what time I went to bed the night before.  As I am running and hitting the first mile I start to feel refreshed and so glad that I got out there.  Last night I didn't want to do my Ab workout, I was tired and it was already 9 and the Olympics were on and the list can really go on and on.  I put the dang thing on and did it, it was hard, my abs are toast, but I didn't regret it!  Its true when they say you just will not regret a workout you did, you only regret the ones you skipped.  I am on track this week to complete another full week of scheduled workouts and runs and I know it takes time to make a habit.  This a habit I want to have, when Jess said this morning that he could see abs poking through I couldn't help but smile.  I'll never be a swimsuit model, but the feeling of self confidence running through my blood is better than that.  So if getting up at 5:00 AM means I can have a body I am proud of and worked hard for at no time lost for my kids or husband, then sign me up!  I like feeling that there are no excuses and if your unhappy with yourself then you are the only one who can do anything about it.  Just because you stay home with your kids and don't see a lot of people daily doesn't mean you don't care about yourself anymore.  You still matter!  Being a martyr does nothing for anybody, you want something, go get it!

OK sorry, I just hear a lot of excuses from people when they talk to me about their reasons for not doing this or not doing that and all I hear are a bunch of excuses.  So I wanted to give you all a pep talk,I know how busy you all are and how much you have on your plate, probably 10 times more than my family.  But if you want something, you gotta go for it.  Take those excuses and throw'em out, you deserve to go after what you want.  And if somebody doesn't want to support you, well that is their loss.  Don't let others insecurities affect your life, those are their issues and theirs alone.

running motivation

What are you running this weekend?  Any races?  
-I have a trail run (my first) this weekend, looking forward to it! 

We are having our first really hot weekend this summer, what is it like where you are? 

Where is everyone from?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...