Thursday, July 12, 2012

Pikermi

Hi!  Last night was Sherwood's first Music on the Green and it was a great night for it.  The sun was out and everyone seemed to be having a really good time...some more than others.  The girls had some rock hard snow cones and played at the playground for hours with their favorite friend.  I am so glad that summer is here!  So far its been my favorite summer with the girls, I see lots of fun things in our future.


Now back to our regular scheduled programming, Running.  You know what a Pikermi is right?  Oh you don't!  Ya I didn't either and I also didn't know how the heck to pronounce it, it is pee-KER-mee, and now you know.  Now you probably want to know what that is, geez, so many questions.  Pikermi is the town located roughly half way between Marathon and Athens.  Do you see where I am going with this?  The idea has been thrown out there to give half marathons their own name, Pikermi.  Since running my first half marathon in June I've been wanting to run another one but since I signed up to run the Portland marathon in October it wouldn't be a good idea.  Running people (the coolest) want to give the half marathon a formal name because what is half about running 13.1 miles?  13.1 miles is a major accomplishment and something that should be celebrated, I vote it deserves its own name!  Does anyone else agree with me?  Go check out Team Pikermi and see what they have to say about it!



I am still in my rut, I don't know what my problem is, I am hoping the 10K this Saturday with Katie will re-energize me to get going again.  I think I am letting myself become overwhelmed with the whole marathon training idea, I need to stop and just take it one group run at a time.  That probably has something to do with it too, lack of my group runs these last few weeks.  Also, I need new shoes mine are way past their breaking point, this weekend!  Don't you love all my excuses?  Ya, me too.  

Who agrees that the half marathon needs to be renamed with an actual name?

Do you have any summer festivals or music programs going on in your town?  

How do you get out of your ruts?  I would love any advice!  Maybe stop being a baby and get out there!  I'll start with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...