Monday, July 2, 2012

Abs with my Brother in Law

Good morning!  I got up this morning after my alarm failed and hurried up and got out there before the heat really got going.  When I got home it was already warming up but I really wanted to make sure I got my 30 day challenge done so I asked my BIL if he wanted to do it too and he did!  He wasn't a fan of the crunchy frog...but either am I.  Jess took a video, its pretty funny, but I decided not to post it because I'd like him to do it with me again and public humiliation probably wouldn't help my case.

We are in Montana to celebrate the 4th of July with our family, we love to spend the 4th in Montana with everyone.  Like I said yesterday we took a different way to get here and went through the Tetons and Yellowstone.  On Sunday we went to Jenny Lake and took the boat across the lake and went on a hike to the top of Inspiration Point with Sarah and my sister in law.


We didn't mean to hike to the top, we missed the sign for Hidden Falls and got separated from Jess and Katherine...oops.  Sarah was a rock star and hiked all the way up on her own with me just holding her hand, I was so impressed!




Sarah and I at the top of Inspiration Point overlooking Jenny Lake.
Even though we didn't mean to hike all the way up to the top it was a fun experience with Sarah and Amy.  



Today after my run and abs of steel workout with Jerady (BIL) we all got ready so we could stock up on groceries for the next couple of days, yum yum overeating here I come!  Holding my own against the carnivores in Montana is no easy feat!  Luckily for them they can persuade me into lots of ice cream with little to no effort.

On the way home from Powell to pick up our supplies we took a detour to see if we could find a geocache hidden off of one of the dirt roads.  We didn't have much luck looking for the two geocaches in the Teton National Forest, but this time was a success!  After lots of searching and a whole bunch of determination from Jess he was able to FINALLY locate the geocache!

No joke, this one was in the middle of no where land.


It was cool to introduce geocaching to our nephew Jonny.


I think Jonny thought it was pretty cool there was actually stuff inside!


So besides saving my pug from some coyotes tonight, that was the adventure for my day!  There is never a dull moment out in the country!  

What do you all have planned for the 4th of July holiday?  
We've been spending it in Montana for quite a few years, it's one of the best places to be on America's birthday.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...