Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Run Girlfriend Run!

Good morning!  Winding down from my run this morning, Portland Fit had us scheduled to do a 10 minute warm up, 10 (25x25), then a 10 minute cool down.  I did the warm up and cool down like a good girl, but I only did 10 of the 25...because I am a wimp and by the 10th my body was done.  I might have pushed to hard on those 10 so next time I'll shoot for the full 25.  I feel really good about my workout this morning even though I only got to 10 because I pushed myself HARD for those 10.  Also at 10 it was 6:45 and Jess had to leave for work by 7 so since he is the one who pays the bills I figured I'd give him the courtesy of being home.

This weekend was the Run Girlfriend Run 5K & 10K out in beautiful Sandy Oregon.  The event benefited the American Heart Association and also towards scholarships for young girls who need help financially to participate in Oregon Trail School District Athletic programs.  It was an all women run that started and ended at the Mt. Hood Athletic Club, which is a really nice athletic club located in Sandy.  Being the awesome girl Katie is she had already picked up our race packets so when I got to her house I was able to get in my shirt and put on my bib!  I love getting to the race having everything on and ready to go, not trying to figure out where the heck I am going to put my newly acquired goodies!

I love the RGR shirts, they are tech shirts and lime green as you can see!  They were super comfy during the run and I love how bright they are.

Yes I am clinging to Katie...Yes I have personal space issues.

Bryan (Katie's hubster) dropped us off at the race, which is such a nice perk, love our personal driver.  Note: Get a picture of him next race! 

Katie and I both did the 10K, it was her 2nd and my 1st, while during the race I was thinking to myself I am not doing a 10K again, once I finished I was ready to sign up for another one.  Katie did really well, her race pace has picked up dramatically IMO and she finished in under an hour.  This wasn't a flat, all road race people.  It was hilly, like big hills and trails and gravel and she knocked it out of the park, proud of her!  Since it was my first 10K I didn't have a PR to beat but my goal was under 1.5 hours and I did that! LOL!  Oh ya oh ya!  My unofficial time was 1 hour and 5 minutes (or so), the results they have posted are not accurate so I am going by my watch, but that also isn't 100%.  I kept a 10:40 pace which was good, my training pace is close to 11:30 so I was glad my race pace was up a notch.  

 

It was a really fun race and a good morning, I am grateful for the opportunity I have to be able to run and do these races.  Jess was at the finish line with the girls which was the first time I have had anyone at a finish besides Katie ;)  It was really awesome to have my family standing there cheering me on, feels good to know I have such a strong support system.  I'm a lucky girl!  

I will grace you with a few more pictures of our morning, you guys are so lucky! 

We always try to get a picture with Maverick, he is why we started running in the 1st place


We felt like #1 after the race! 


We went out to breakfast after the race and waited approximately 7.25 hours for our breakfast. 

So Jess has a mustache...not sure why he feels he needs to give himself a "finger" mustache.  Oh and your saying how impressed you are with our husbands fashion?!  Oh Yes, they are super snazzy dressers, but they are all ours, lucky lucky girls.  

I hope you all had a nice weekend!  Did anyone else run any races this weekend?  
-Portland had their inaugural Rock N'Roll Half Marathon and it sounded like it was a complete success!

Who else has a husband or brother or family member in general who loves funny shirts? 
-Jesse's closet is 85% funny/dorky shirts 

2 comments:

  1. Hey there! I'm a new fan through The Hungry Runner! Glad I found you! Can't wait to follow along on your running adventures. I'm currently training for a marathon. Starting from. . .my couch. Should take me the whole year, but here's hoping! Would love to share some encouragement and inspiration! www.trippingovermyshoelaces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Love your picture, LOL, hilarious! I am glad you found me too, I would love to keep up with you and your goal of a marathon this year, its super exciting isn't it?! Mom's on a mission!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...