Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Gone Fishing

Good morning, I am late getting to my blog this morning!  I am still trying to figure out the best time to sit down and write, I would do it probably 4 times a day if time allotted for it.  I don't know about other people's kids but mine require food and attention most of the time...its kinda rude, which is why I wake up at 5:30 to get my run in for the day.  I feel really good about my run this morning, I did my Old Town out and back route which is a nice run in the morning.  Its 3 miles, its quiet and there aren't a lot of crosswalks so I don't have to stop and wait to much.  I also kept a good pace the whole run, around a 10 min pace which I was pretty proud of!  Its another beautiful day here so I see lots of playing the backyard in our future today.

So because from the previous statement you can tell what a neglectful  amazing mother I am Jess took the girls and I fishing up in the Tillamook State forest to spend Mother's Day.  We took the Jeep so I didn't have to do my hair, or makeup, just slather on a crap load of sunscreen on me and my albino fair skinned children.  It was a beautiful day, almost 90, so the ride in the Jeep with no top or doors was actually quite welcome.

I don't really know what I am doing in this picture...

We all had such a good time, it was a really fun way to spend Mother's Day, besides my feet are so gnarly from running that a pedicurist would have kicked me out of their chair anyway.  Here are some more pictures from our day in the wilderness.  


Figuring out her new fishing pole 


They were throwing every rock they could find into the river, Sarah thought she could get this one in there too


My fresh picked flowers from Miss Katherine 


Drink break! 


Nap time!


The day was relaxing and fun.  Being outdoors with all of the fresh air and wildlife was so peaceful and gave me lots of time to count all of my blessings.  I don't need to spell them out for you because you can see all three of them in the above pictures.  As I mentioned in previous posts the week before was anything but great, Jenny is feeling better but still in the hospital, grrrr.  My SIL and nephew were in a pretty scary car accident on Saturday in Montana and THANKFULLY they walked away with minor injuries.  That right now is our biggest blessing of all :)  

So this post has nothing to do with this question, but who can tell me anything about CrossFit?  I am really interested in trying it out, but honestly it scares me to death!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...