Friday, March 16, 2012

Juice Juice Baby...

So who out there loves juicing?!  Now don't all jump up at once...still waiting...someone out there has to share my love for it, right?  My mom juiced for about as long as I can remember, she wasn't ever a daily juicer but she would have week here and there she would fire that baby up and make herself some vegetable juice.  I myself have just started to get on the juicing kick after a friend of mine suggested I watch Fat Sick & Nearly Dead which is a documentary by Joe Cross. Basically he's overweight, suffering from an autoimmune disease and decides to embark on a 60-Day juice only diet.  It was a really interesting movie and I suggest it to anyone who is interested in juicing.  Now am I doing a 60-Day juice only diet?  No, no and no.  I love food!  I am a foodie and really enjoy cooking and eating food so a juice only diet for any amount of time would make me sad.  I am drinking a vegetable juice once or sometimes twice a day.  I don't juice everyday because the idea of cleaning my juicer and having to prep everyday would just be to time consuming for my life right now.  What I do is every other day or every 2 days I'll get all of my veggies ready and juice enough for a day or two, that seems to work the best for me.  That way I'm only cleaning and prepping everything a couple times a week and not 7!  I've been on the juicing kick for almost a month and I've been really happy with it.  My mom got me a book from the Goodwill last week that has a lot of information about Juicing, it also has different recipes for various conditions or remedies.  I plan on trying out as many as I can and I'll share any tasty recipes.  You should give juicing a try you might like it!  Hey even Jess (my favorite JFJ*) will try them out so you have no excuse.  Well you might have an excuse...

Happy Juicing!

*Junk Food Junkie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...