Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Springwater 5K + Stella & Dot Announcement!

Good Morning! 

High five to me because I ran 3 times last week!  Granted I easily could have ran 4 but I'll be happy with my 3 and aim for 4 this week.  Yesterday I was able to run 5 miles and it took at least 3 of those 5 to finally feel good.  It is a good wake up call for me to see how behind I am right now in my running fitness but so ready to get back to where I was.  I also was hollered at by a couple high school boys and informed that I have a nice ass, I'll put the day down for a win.  HA!  

On Sunday Katie and I ran the Springwater 5K & Kids Fun Run at the Gresham Main City park trail.  Katie ran an awesome race and placed 3rd woman overall!  Althetepath has her listed as 2nd but I think they'll change it, just type-o :) I am just so impressed with her running momentum and how hard she works.

{I also just love my moon face}

I did not place (or even come close) but I had a good run and really enjoyed the route.  This was the inaugural event for this race and it was put on by the Gresham Running Club.  I was really impressed with all of the volunteers helping with course direction and how friendly and welcoming the race directors were to every racer.  Katie and I were probably thanked at least twice for being there and running.  Plus the 5k was only $20 and it included a t-shirt and very practical little bag.  They had some snacks and coffee after the race and handed out awards for the top 2 overall winners for both male and female.  The race directors talked about doing more races in the future and I hope that they are able to follow through with that.  Sunday's race was a small gathering of about 50 runners and everyone was all smiles and really enjoyed the event! 

In other fun news I have started as a Stylist with Stella & Dot and I am so excited!


What I love about this company is that it was founded by women for women.  The 2 leaders of Stella & Dot are both mothers and the original founder, Jessica Herrin, is also a runner, win!  I find a common connection between successful people and runners, don't you?  Runners just tend to push themselves and expect more out of their days.  I researched this company and talked to a lot of stylists before I decided that YES this was for me.  Their company is not about pushy sales or tapping out your closest friends and family, it is about empowering women to be successful.  They encourage all of the stylist is define what their own personal success will look like because everyone has different goals and seasons of life.  I am so excited to start with this company and challenge myself to break out of my comfort and see what I can do.  Plus I can build up my collection of jewelry and accessories which is something I've been wanting to do for a while!  


Today is a run rest day and I am going to enjoy every minute of it.  Although I do feel like a new person after my 5 miles yesterday, it still amazes me what a run does for my soul.  Not going to lie the "nice ass" comment didn't hurt my feelings either.  

Enjoy The Run! 

       


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...