Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Foot Traffic Flat Half Marathon Preview

Good morning! 

I started the morning off with a 4 mile out and back and I took a chance on a different route.  I am so glad that I did because I found somewhere new to get in my morning runs.  I am always nervous to go a different direction but since tomorrow is the Foot Traffic Flat Marathon I decided to just head out and not worry about how many miles I got in.  Luckily it worked out really well and I am excited to explore the area a little more next time.  


Tomorrow is my 1st 4th of July race and I am seriously pumped up!  I don't normally like costumes or dressing up for races but for America's birthday I am all over it.  I am ridiculously patriotic and never take for granted that I was born into the most amazing nation in the world.  I am a proud American and make no apologies for it.  I will be busting out my coozies for the afternoon and evening festivities tomorrow! 

Just keep'n it classy 

This is my first time running the Foot Traffic Flat Half Marathon but I have heard it really is a flat course and the islanders are so supportive of the runners.  So I'll run through the details quickly since I am just reiterating what is on their website. 

Pre-Race 
   - Bib Pick Up starts @ 5:30 AM race day and only goes till 6:00 AM.  You can pick up your bib TODAY at the Foot Traffic store in NE Portland on Fremont from 11-4
- You can park on the island but they encourage participants to take the shuttle.  They recommend anyone parking on the island to arrive at least 1 hour prior to start time. 

Race
- FULL Marathon starts at 6:30 AM  
- 5K/10K starts at 6:40 AM 
- HALF Marathon starts at 6:50 AM
- They will have water, Nuun & Clift Shot available on course 
- There are 7 aid stations available for the HALF and 13 for the FULL 

You can read about last year's race HERE, she did a great recap of the last year's event.

Who else is running a race tomorrow? 

Tell me what your favorite holiday is! 
- Mine are 4th of July and Thanksgiving because both have nothing to do with gifts and are all about getting together with people you love and celebrating the day. 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Daniella!! I'm rooting for you!! How many races do you do a year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sam! I run on average 1 per month, May tends to be a bigger race month. I have 2 more half marathons scheduled for August and September and then an open calendar after that :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...