Monday, March 11, 2013

Niagara Falls

Good morning! 

I am starting to feel so much better, that virus really took it out of me for a lot longer than I had anticipated.  I really thought it would be a day or two thing and my stomach is still sensitive even this morning.  I haven't ran since last Tuesday which threw a wrench in my training plan.  I had to miss my long run last week because I was still feeling off and we left for the Niagara on Friday.  I brought all of my running gear except for a sports bra so that idea went out the window, I let it go and just embraced the time with my family.  

Not exactly a Kodak moment 

We stayed at the Howard Johnson in Niagara Falls and spent all of Saturday exploring the falls.  We bought the Magic Pass which gave us admission to Journey Behind the Falls, Butterfly Conservatory and Niagara's Fury, plus a 2 day pass on the We Go transit system.  I have to say it was really nice to just jump on a bus to go from place to place.  We didn't have to bother with parking, loading in and out of the car and trying to find directions.  Niagara Falls was beautiful, but I was actually surprised it wasn't as majestic as I thought it would be.  I really thought it would be a lot taller, I think if we had a chance to do the Maid of the Mist I might have gotten the whole experience.  


On Sunday we checked out of the hotel and drove to Niagara on the Lake which is a 20 minute drive from Niagara Falls.  A friend of mine mentioned she had loved it there and we had never heard of it.  Let me tell you how bummed out I was when we pulled into this adorable little town!  If you ever go to Niagara Falls I suggest you stay in Niagara by the Lake and just make the drive into Niagara Falls.  We drove down the main street looking for a place to eat and passed the most adorable little Starbucks I have ever seen! 


We had breakfast at the Stagecoach Cafe and Katherine had a big ol'cup of hot chocolate.  

She gets her manners from her mother

After lunch we walked around all of the cute shops and headed down to Lake Ontario to take some awkward family photos.  Jess says he doesn't like Lucy...but his actions speak otherwise ;) 

Even Sandy knows a good photo bomb when she sees it 

Niagara Falls was neat, but the town was a little too carnival for me.  I wouldn't recommend the Magic Pass, I didn't think any of the attractions were all that exciting.  I suggest staying outside of Niagara Falls and exploring Niagara on the Lake, we walked by some of the cutest little Inns and Bed and Breakfasts.  

Have you ever been to Niagara Falls?  

Tell me about your run this weekend, I am jonesing to to get going!

Are you racing this weekend?  
- I have my first of the year on Sunday, so excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...