Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Fair-Weather Runner

I was so excited about Daylight Savings time this year thinking I would have all of these extra hours to get my runs in before the bleakness of nightfall.  This week has totally thrown a wrench in all those plans!  Yesterday was a rain and wind extravaganza, even if I had the chance to get out there and run I would have been blown away or something would have been blown into me.  This morning was rain and snow mix, really?  I am really working on not being a "Fair-Weather Runner" I mean c'mon I live in Oregon if I can't run in the rain then I should find another hobby.  So when I got out of the shower today I immediately put on my running gear, when Jess gets home tonight I will run!  We are running 5 miles on Saturday with my running group so I have to get in the scheduled weekly runs if I hope to have a good run Saturday.  I find that being in my stuff makes me motivated and excited to get out there and pound the pavement.  I should start sleeping in my running clothes maybe it'll help me get up earlier!

On another note I had my favorite breakfast smoothie this morning:
Handful of Kale and Spinach
Half cup frozen berries
Spoonful of PB, Plain Greek Yogurt & Flaxseed Meal
Scoop of Vanilla Protein Powder
Cup of Almond Milk

By far my favorite smoothie in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...