Sunday, April 14, 2013

There Is No Place Like Home

Good morning!  

It is a really good morning because we are HOME!  We drove all day Friday and were at our house by 8:00, I think we made pretty good time!  The weather all the way from Montana through Washington was great and as soon as we hit the Oregon gorge here came the rain.  


We got lucky with our kids and they are great travelers.  They sleep a good portion of the morning and then are happy to just color, look at their books and watch a movie.  Can you tell how much stuff we had packed in our car?!  I shipped home 7 boxes and we still have 4 suitcases and 2 new bikes for the girls.  Their Uncle Jerady bought them their 1st bikes for their birthday back in January.  There was no way we were going to leave them behind.  Somehow Jess got everything to fit in the Tribeca, love my car!  


I can't take a decent picture to save my life but I love Portland's sky line.  


When we came inside and started unloading the car we were so surprised by our homecoming!  Our good friends and neighbors took care of our house while we were gone and completely set us up when we got home.  They stocked our fridge with the basics so we wouldn't have to rush to the store in the morning and even made us chocolate dipped strawberries!  My girlfriend drove from the next town over to line our walk with the cutest orange daisies, so sweet.  We were definitely feeling the love!


I was able to sneak out for a run yesterday during a break in the weather.  Mentally it was awesome but physically I was struggling.  I don't know if it was because it was outside or I was dehydrated I can't really pinpoint the exact reason.  I pushed through 4 miles and they felt like 10, just not a fantastic run.  I stopped and walk at least 3 different times and never found that groove.  I am still glad I got out there even though it was more of a slogging (slug+jog) than a run.  


Now I have to face the music of a 3 month hiatus from my life...just a few things to do.  You know laundry, organizing, taking down the Christmas cards, it is only the middle of April.  I also need to get our garage cleaned up so I can pull my treadmill down, need to make sure my baby still works after 3 months of neglect.  I should probably get to it!  Enjoy your Sunday! 

No questions again today, my mind is going 100 mph.  We will be back to business as normal tomorrow!  








2 comments:

  1. Wow! You have some awesome neighbors and friends! Welcome home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have the BEST neighbors, they watched our house the entire 3 months we were gone. Even crawling under it to check for leaking water! Cannot thank them enough, we are blessed :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...